Nicholas Adam Fernez
Nicholas Adam “Nick” Fernez is an attorney at Dugan & Leger, PLLC. Nick practices law in the areas of Estate Planning, Elder Law, Medicaid Planning and Applications, Estate Administration and Probate, Guardianship, Business Law, and Real Estate.
Prior to joining Dugan & Leger, Nick practiced law with a southeastern law firm in the areas of real property, title resolution, foreclosure, landlord/tenant, creditor’s rights, and criminal defense.
Born in Mesa, Arizona, Nick is a graduate of both North Carolina State University and The Pennsylvania State University. In 2006, Nick graduated summa cum laude from NC State University with Bachelors of Arts degrees in economics, political science, and philosophy, along with minors in both English and business management. In 2010, Nick graduated from Penn State University with both his Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration.
Nick is licensed to practice law in the State of North Carolina. He is also licensed to practice law in the United States District Court for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of North Carolina.
Nick is currently serving on both the City of Wilmington Parks & Recreation Advisory Board and the City of Wilmington Loan Review Board. He is also serving as an ambassador for the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce.
When he is away from the office, Nick enjoys being involved in the community, golfing, playing tennis, kayaking, mountain biking, and spending time with his family and friends.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Elder Law Section
- New Hanover County Bar Association
- City of Wilmington Loan Review Board, Member
- City of Wilmington Parks & Recreation Advisory Board, Member
- Wilmington Chamber of Commerce, Ambassador
- North Brunswick County Chamber of Commerce
- Legal Aid of North Carolina, Volunteer Private Lawyer
- Lawyers 4 Literacy, Volunteer
- Wills for Heroes, Volunteer
- Mock Trial (Middle School, High School, and College), Scoring Judge
- Leadership Wilmington, Wilmington Chamber Foundation
- J.D., Penn State University, 2010
- M.B.A., Penn State University, 2010
- B.A., summa cum laude, North Carolina State University, 2006
- North Carolina State Bar
- All U.S. Federal District Courts in North Carolina